For an extended list of publications, see our publications page.
Mental and Behavioral Health
- Escobar-Viera CG, Shensa A, Hamm M, Melcher EM, Rzewnicki DI, Egan JE, Sidani JE, Primack BA. ‘I don’t feel like the odd one’: Utilizing content analysis to compare the effects of social media use on well-being among sexual minority and non-minority U.S. young adults. American Journal of Health Promotion. 2019.
- Shensa A, Sidani JE, Escobar-Viera CG, Switzer GE, Primack BA, Choukas-Bradley S. Emotional support from social media and face-to-face relationships: associations with depression risk among young adults. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2020;260:38-44. PMID: 31493637.
- Primack BA, Karim SA, Shensa A, Bowman B, Knight J, Sidani JE. Positive and negative social media experiences and social isolation. American Journal of Health Promotion. In press, 2018.
Waterpipe Tobacco Use
Alcohol and Other Substance Use
- Primack BA, Colditz JB, Rosen E, Giles LM, Jackson K, Kraemer KL. Portrayal of alcohol brands favored by underage youth on YouTube. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 2017;78(5), 654–664. PMCID: PMC4451204
- Primack BA, Colditz JB, Pang K, Jackson KM. Portrayal of alcohol intoxication on YouTube. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 2015;39(3):496-503. PMCID: PMC4510943
- Primack BA, McClure A, Li Z, Sargent JD. Receptivity to and recall of alcohol brand appearances in US popular music and alcohol-related behaviors. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 2014;38(6):1737-44. PMID: 24716496. PMCID: PMC4047148
- Hoffman BL, Rosenthal EL, Colditz JB, McGarry R, Primack BA. Use of Twitter to assess viewer reactions to the medical drama Code Black. Journal of Health Communication. 2018;23(3):244-253. PMID: 29452057.
- Hoffman BL, Shensa A, Wessel C, Hoffman RM, Primack BA. Exposure to fictional medical television and health: A systematic review. Health Education Research. 2017;32(2):107-123. PMID: 28334962
- Hoffman BL, Hoffman RM, Wessel C, Shensa A, Woods MS, Primack BA. Use of fictional medical television in medical education: A systematic review. Advances in Health Sciences Education. 2018;23(1):201-216. PMID: 28083814
Clinical & Translational Science
- Escobar-Viera CG, Zhou Z, Morano JP, Lucero R, Lieb S, McIntosh S,Clauson KA, Cook RL. The Florida mHealth Adherence Project for People Living with HIV (FL-mAPP): longitudinal assessment of feasibility, acceptability, and clinical outcomes. JMIR mHealth. 2019.
- Hoffman BL, Felter EM, Chu K, Shensa A, Hermann C, Wolynn T, Williams D, Primack BA. It’s not all about autism: The emerging landscape of anti-vaccination sentiment on Facebook. Vaccine. 2019;37(16):2216-2223. PMID: 30905530.